Reports To: Operations Director
Hours Per Week: 30
Position Function: This position will be responsible for oversight of the Dining Room and Guest Relations as well as coordination with Pantry and Volunteer programs allowing Iron Gate to meet and exceed its mission.
- Establish an atmosphere of respect, safety, and openness under the organization’s established rules of behavior.
- Respond to guests in a constructive and positive manner. Empower staff and volunteers to act in a similar capacity.
- Ensure a safe and secure work and dining environment for volunteers, staff, and guests by maintaining that safety and security procedures are followed.
- Maintain good relationships with guests through conversation inside and outside the building
- Maintain basic social service agency knowledge to help guests as requested.
- Remain tolerant of guests and maintain composure during high stress times (guest confrontations, loud speaking, verbal onslaught, etc)
- Set up tables and serving line each morning (coffee, tea, water, napkins)
- Open gate at 8:30am.
- One member of staff must make rounds outside every 30 mins.
- Empty trash
- Shuffle plates and food as necessary to and from kitchen
- Clean up after service (clean tables, sweep and mop floor, clean bathrooms)
- Do checklist of opening and closing items and initial (checklist in hallway)
- Check fridge temps every morning and evening
- Work cooperatively with kitchen, administrative, and volunteer personnel
- Ensure adherence to all health department regulations re: food service
- Ensure established standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained.
- Responsible for the physical/aesthetic maintenance of the dining room area, garden area, and outside gate area.
- Ensure incident reports are filed and completed as necessary
- 3 plus years experience
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license
- Some experience in working with high risk populations preferred.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with program staff
- Calm and efficient reactions in time of crisis and patience
- Ability to handle stress
- Good management, leadership, and organizational skills
- Keen problem solving skills
- Ability to wear many hats in a fast paced environment.
- Dedication to the mission, passion, integrity of the Iron Gate
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Strong inter and intra personal skills
- Flexible and ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Maintain a positive attitude
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
This is a full-time, exempt position with health, vacation and other benefits. Salary commensurate with experience ($22,500 - $25,000). Some weekend and evening work required. This position description does not constitute a guarantee that employment will continue for any specified period of time.
Iron Gate is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to modify the position description at any time.