The Development Coordinator is an invaluable team member responsible for database management and donor relations. Reporting directly to and working closely with the Development Director, the Development Coordinator will primarily be responsible for managing the donor database. We are looking for someone methodical, detail-oriented, who can help make sure our data entry is accurate and consistent. The Development Coordinator will also help with foundation and corporate solicitation, donor cultivation and communications, special events, as well as marketing. A successful applicant will be able to juggle multiple projects and enjoy working with various groups of people, including key members of the staff, Board of Directors, volunteers and Iron Gate guests. This is a full-time, exempt position with health, vacation and other benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Some weekend and evening work required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain Iron Gate’s donor database, including data entry, letter generation, and reporting.
- Responsible for insuring the donor database is healthy and the information is accurate and complete.
- Ensure prompt donation acknowledgements and help Development Director with timely thank you letters and notes to donors, corporate partners and volunteers.
- Assist with donor recruitment, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Assist the Development Director with the planning and execution of special events.
- Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit the organization, generating social media content and monitoring progress on marketing goals.
- Remain current with all aspects of philanthropy, ensuring Iron Gate's fundraising is conducted within the highest ethical and legal standards, complies with the Association of Fundraising Professionals code of ethics, and maintains confidentiality of all donor records.
Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor's degree in related field. Minimum three years of experience directly applicable to the primary work required. Passion for the organization’s mission and initiatives. Positive, energetic, and outgoing attitude with a strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and willingness and ability to adapt to changing scenarios. Out-of-the-box strategic thinking, self-motivated, committed and ability to implement plans that support moving the organization forward.
Revisions, additions or deletions to this job description may be made at any point.
Iron Gate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Iron Gate, 501 South Cincinnati Ave, Tulsa, OK, 74103.