Volunteer at Iron Gate
What Can You Do to Help?
In 2012, Iron Gate had approximately 5,500 volunteers of all ages. Volunteers provide more than 11,000 hours of service each year. Organize a group of volunteers from your church, school, work or volunteer as an invidual.
Volunteers help with:
- Serving food - Monday -through Friday, 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Bagging and distributing groceries
- Kitchen duty - Fridays, 8-10:30 a.m. - Unpack boxes of canned food, shelf cans,tear down boxes and take outside to trash
- Dining Room duty - Seven days a week, 8:30-11:00 a.m. - During food service, wipe and clean tables, interact with guests, shuttle food and empty serving pans to and from kitchen, take out trash.
- Pantry duty - Wednesdays, 9-10:30 a.m. - Shelving and organizing food pantry with incoming canned food.
Volunteers are also needed for special events throughout the year. 2013 events:
- CROP Walk - Sunday, October 6
- World Homeless Action Day - Thursday, October 10
- Cooking for a Cause - Thursday, October 10
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact:
Deacon Deborah Underwood
(918) 359 - 9007
Or fill out the form.