Volunteer at Iron Gate
What Can You Do to Help?
Volunteers are the heart of Iron Gate. Last year 4,910 volunteers served 11,637 hours at Iron Gate. Our gate is open every day and with the help of our volunteers, we fed 301,662 guests in 2014 through our soup kitchen, grocery pantry, and Kid’s Pantry. Organize a group of volunteers from your church, school, work or volunteer as an invidual.
Volunteers help with:
- Serving food - Monday -through Friday, 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Bagging and distributing groceries
- Kitchen duty - Fridays, 8-10:30 a.m. - Unpack boxes of canned food, shelf cans,tear down boxes and take outside to trash
- Dining Room duty - Seven days a week, 8:30-11:00 a.m. - During food service, wipe and clean tables, interact with guests, shuttle food and empty serving pans to and from kitchen, take out trash.
- Grocery Pantry duty - Wednesdays, 9-10:30 a.m. - Shelving and organizing food pantry with incoming canned food.
Volunteers are also needed for special events throughout the year. 2015 events:
- Third Annual Founders' Dinner - Thursday, May 21
- Cooking for a Cause - Thursday, October 8
World Homeless Action Day - Thursday, October 15
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact:
Deacon Deborah Underwood
(918) 359 - 9007
Or fill out the form.