Volunteers are the heart of Iron Gate. Our gate is open every day and, with the help of our volunteers, we feed guests through our soup kitchen, grocery pantry and Kid’s Pantry. Organize a group of volunteers from your church, school, work or volunteer as an individual.
Volunteers help with:
- Soup Kitchen Duty
- Seven days a week, 8:15 - 10:30 a.m.; serving food, stocking shelves, cleaning plates, clearing tables
- Grocery Pantry duty
- Wednesday & Friday 11:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.; Saturday 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.; distributing groceries, restocking shelves, repackaging food
- Kids Pantry
- Flexible times available; packing Kids Packs
- Answering Phones and Data Entry
- Flexible times available
- Special Events and Projects
Best Practices for Volunteers
Please tie back shoulder-length hair or longer, refrain from open-toed shoes, sleeveless shirts and shorts. If you're feeling sick, please stay home and let us know! In accordance with Health Department rules, there can be no eating or drinking behind the food service line.
Enter through the East door under the portico off Detroit Avenue. Press the button on the intercom and the church will let you in. Aprons and gloves are provided.
Interested? Fill out a Volunteer Form and we'll be in touch!
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Tori Lieberman at 918-359-9022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.